Use a protocol check when you believe a protocol is being used incorrectly in any way or when a Core Commitment is being broken.
- Say “Protocol Check.”
- If you know the correct use of the protocol, state it. If you don’t, ask for help.
- Say “protocol check” as soon as you become aware of the incorrect use of a protocol, or of a broken Core Commitment. Do this regardless of the current activity.
- Be supportive of anyone using protocol check.
- Do not shame or punish anyone using protocol check.
- Ask for help as soon as you realize you are unsure of the correct protocol use.